Monday, May 5, 2008
Mom, you don't know anything...
or that's what my son would have me believe. That's right. Benjamin has decided that his mom does not know anything. So here is what brought this ingenious idea on. Saturday we went to the movie store to get a DVD rental, and on the way, Benjamin kept asking where we were going. I told him we were going to the movie store, and that it was by where mommy weighs in. He said, no, it wasn't. I said, yes, it is. He said, Mom, you don't know what you're talking about. I then just had an epiphany. I thought, this must be how mom felt whenever I told her that she didn't know anything. So, Mom, for all the times I said that, I am truly sorry. You did know what you were talking about. You are smart, and you know a lot about just about everything. I really miss that I can't just call you whenever I want to, even if it is only to say hi. So, back to my story...the movie store is in the same strip mall as where I go weigh in, and when we got there, and Benjamin could see both of them, and Chad said, see Ben, that's where Mommy weighs in, he still did not want to believe. I guess moms can't win. Maybe next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahahahahahaha, didn't mom always say someday you'd have a child just like you? I guess it's the universe's way of making everything right. BTW, mom, I'm sorry for ever telling you that you didn't know anything. Because you do. More than I do. And that's a lot.
Love,
Pam
It takes a lot to admit, but alas, very true. And boy, are these kids coming to earth smarter than ever? They just know everything!
Hey Kids,
I always thought you kids were the brightest kids that ever lived. But I didn't want you to get too big of heads, so I never told you enough that I thought you all were great. But you all are! And smart, too. But...that's because you took after Dad and me, too.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment