We also went to Hogle Zoo on Thursday. Chad took the day off and we made a day out of it. We didn't leave too early in the morning. We got down there around 2 pm, and Benjamin just had a ball. We had gone last year around September and it was ok, but he just wasn't into it yet. This time, he loved it. The animals were so cool, and there were these cute little twin monkey babies. They were just adorable. And of course, we rode the train. Benjamin loves that. After the zoo we walked around Temple Square, with the boys asleep. And of course I forgot to take a picture of that. Everyone kept stopping us and telling us how cute our boys were. And they were impressed that both were asleep at the same time. We spent some time in the Church Museum of Art which is across from Temple Square and is right now showing pictures of Salt Lake during the time the Temple was being built. It was really cool to see Salt Lake with dirt roads and women wearing black dresses to conference. They also have a children's museum on the top floor. That is an awesome place to just let your boys run wild, well, not exactly wild, but Matthew was able to crawl around because by this time they had woken up. Then we walked down to Macaroni Grill for dinner and then we came home. Needless to say, Chad was the only one awake for the last portion of the trip. All in all, it was good to get out of Dodge.
2 comments:
Ahh... I'm jealous. I've never been to Hogle zoo. I bet its bigger than the one we have here. I love your tree. You're right, if you would have planted it when you moved in, you'd have shade by now. But now your boys will remember the tree when it was little, and they'll get to see it grow up with them. Which is kind of neat, too.
Love,
Pam
It was so cute when Chad planted it because Benjamin helped him the whole time. He is getting to be such a big boy that I just can't believe that he was once Matthew's size. Time flies too quickly.
Post a Comment