Friday, May 16, 2008

Mom, I want a fatboy...

That's what I heard whispered into my ear at 6:30 in the morning. I rolled over and Benjamin was wide awake, looking at me like, "Come on, Mom, you're wasting the day away". So, I got up, and like any dutiful, wonderful mother, I got him a fatboy and french toast for breakfast. And while he ate, I worked out while Matthew was sleeping. I know that a fatboy is not the healthiest of breakfasts, but, at least he ate it. At this stage in his life, any time he eats anything is a plus for me. Besides, fatboys contain dairy, right? So it's part of a food group. How bad can it be anyway?

3 comments:

Kate said...

didn't you know, fatboys are "diet pills"? so, they are "healthy"! i remember going to roberts with dad to get a "diet pill". yummy!
btw, that is hilarious that he woke you up that early asking for one. what a nut!

Pam Emerson said...

Kate!!!! I was going to make the comment about the "diet pill" but you beat me to it, darn you! Just kidding. In all seriousness, the first thing I want in the morning is an ice cream sandwich. The only problem is, I don't have a cool mom to get one for me....my husband sure won't! That makes you the coolest mom ever, Beth! BTW, cute page!

Pam

Beth said...

I know that WE call them "diet pills", but Chad still likes to call them by their proper name, just so we know exactly what we are eating. And I miss going to Broulim's to get them too. By the way, Ben woke me up the next morning asking for another one. Oh, well, some battles are easier to just give in to. Like I said, at least he is eating!