Thursday, March 19, 2009

So much has happened, so little time...

Well, that is just my excuse. I have been very bad at keeping everyone up to date. But between sickness and bad weather and birthdays and volleyball...well, I just haven't had time to keep you all in the know with the Pope household. So here is a brief synopsis of the last couple of weeks.

I got a major head cold that lasted for two weeks. It would take me about one hour to clear everything out, I could breathe for a couple of hours, then it would set in again, I would spend a restless night trying to breathe through my mouth, then the whole routine would start over again. Not fun. Benjamin got sick for one day, nothing major, but enough to keep him home from preschool. Matthew got sick for a couple of days, and there was some fun cleaning up of that mess from the middle of the night. Chad got sick and I had to drive out to the site to pick him up from work. He, of course, got sick on a Thursday before a Friday off, so that just means he was sick the whole weekend. Go figure.





Chad turned older than dirt and Benjamin turned 4. Here is proof of how much I love them. I made way too many cakes in a short amount of time. And yes, I did partake of them. Not a good thing.




Our valentines day cake.




Chad's birthday cake, Ben helped with the candle placement.

Ben's birthday cake.






I had a free Saturday so we loaded the kids in the car, put lots of snacks in the back and headed to the middle of Utah to look at a car. We liked the car, but then later decided that we are doing just fine with the vehicles we currently have. So, we came home, exhausted and ready for daylight savings time. And let me tell you, 9 am church is not fun when you have been traveling for 10 hours the day before. And I went to two sacraments that day. Needless to say, I was really missing my Sunday afternoon nap.

My church volleyball team took second in our Stake Tournament. We had to fight back from the "loser's bracket" and then we even had to play the eventual winners twice because we beat them in the first championship game. That was a lot of volleyball. While I was busy defending the honor of the Gibson Jack ward, coneheads and superboys invaded my home.




I am finally enjoying the Spring weather. The last couple of days were near 60. But, I have a feeling that change is on the way. But I enjoyed it while it lasted.

2 comments:

Kate said...

matthew is so adorable! oh my goodness. what a cutie. {ben is too, but i can picture him, he looks the same, just a little older!} i always picture matthew as a little baby, which i know he isn't, cause he is only 6 weeks younger than preston, but ooooo, i can't wait to squeeze him! :) too cute.
good job on the volleyball. i think you need to be humbled! :) just kidding. umm.....and you should have made me a cake. they all look so yummy!
and, i hope you guys are officially over being sick! i hope!

Unknown said...

No I hope the warm weather stays because I am sick of Poky cold weather! :)