Dear Benjamin,
As you celebrate your 6th birthday I truly cannot believe how quickly time has flown. I still remember bringing a little bundle of joy home from the hospital. Your dad and I were so scared to embark on this new adventure with you. Oh sure, we were highly educated people who had seen some of the world and knew what was what. But yet, we were unsure of being the best parents for you. I have to say that you were a complete joy. You were so happy. We loved becoming new parents with you. As you have grown and learned and experienced new things I am in awe of what you can do. You are an amazing piano player. I hope you continue to love playing and cultivate those skills that will be helpful all of your life. You are not afraid to talk to people. You want to be friends with everyone, even the kids who are not so nice to you. I love that about you. You can read like there is no tomorrow. You love, love, love library day at school. You bring a book home and devour it until it goes back the next week. It is so much fun to read books with you. You always like to do your best and that drive will be good in your future. I wish I had that drive for everything. You have taught me to reach beyond the realm I am comfortable with. Benjamin, you love to tell jokes and your smile and laugh are so infectious. Please know always that I love you. You are my bestest oldest boy.
Love, Mom

2 comments:
i honestly can't believe he's 6 years old! he's like--a big boy! happy birthday ben {a little late, cause that's how i roll!}
Wait, Ben's six?! Get out. He can't be.
Happy birthday dude!
Post a Comment