Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

Here's to all the dads in my life. Today was a bittersweet day for me. I got to celebrate this day with the father of my children, but it also brings to mind my father and father-in-law, both of whom have passed on. This will be the second father's day without my father on this earth, and for some reason, this one was harder emotionally for me than last year. Maybe because I was hugely pregnant and could only think about bringing Matthew into this world and in a hurry. But there was definitely a void when I could not just pick up the phone or take a drive out to see my father and wish him a happy father's day. I do have a lot of great memories of dad that can never be taken from me. So here's a few pictures of my dad, so from years gone past and some more recently. Dad, I love you and miss you.

Here's to DeLoy. I never got to meet him in this life, but I can only imagine the person he was to have such a wonderful son like Chad. Chad speaks fondly of him and it is times like this day that I truly wish I had been able to know him.

Here's to Chad, my husband, my friend. I love you dearly and am so proud of all that you do and are. You are a man of integrity and honor. I love the kind of father you are to our children. Thank you so much for being true to you.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Very sweet, Beth! :) That first picture of Deloy....I think Benjamin looks like him!
Love Ya!