Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary, among other things



Aren't these flowers sweet? Chad had them delivered to me on our anniversary. There was a time that he wouldn't send flowers, well, because of the cats...but we have both come to realize that I love receiving flowers, and he loves to send them, so we just let the cats deal with it. So guess what I got him for the anniversary, Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of The Office. We have been having some late nights just watching episodes. Too much fun. Anyway, it has been 12 years since we got hitched!!! On July 25, Chad and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. Can you believe that, 12 years!!!! In some ways, time has flown so fast that I still picture myself as that little 21 year old just embarking on an adventure with my husband by my side. I just thought I was so cool and smart and knew everything. Of course, we all think that, right? But so many things have happened in the last twelve years that I want to share a few highlights.




1. Got Married, enough said.


2. Saw the Snake River flood most of South East Idaho, and come somewhat close to our house.


3. Visited Yellowstone, a lot. (In fact, we love going there so much, if we don't get up there at least once a year, we know something has gone terribly wrong.)


4. Had 5 cats (though only four are still with us, may Bonderrinko rest in peace)


5. Built a stock eliminator race car, practically from the bottom up, and yes, I helped to tear everything out of it and put it back together.


6. Set a national record for NHRA Stock Eliminator, F/FI. The record was reset shortly thereafter, but we did get a certificate and bragging rights.


7. Have owned 12 vehicles (I guess you could say one for every year of marriage).


8. Lived in 2 homes.


9. Gave birth to two beautiful boys.


10. Got a BS in Biology, and Chad is a PhD candidate.




I guess that about sums up our 12 years. Now enjoy some photos of just us of that wonderful time.
Our beautiful day.
Shortly before the day, pretending to be pregnant.
Me in Yellowstone, before the wedding.
Chad in Yellowstone, before the wedding. (Doesn't he look young?)
The day after the wedding (happy, aren't we)
One of the two pictures of us together on our honeymoon. The other looked terrible. Young love *sigh*
My friend Nicole took these pictures of us. She was really surprised that we had never had our pictures taken together in all the years that we had been married. So we went to her grandparents house and shot some photos and had a ton of fun. But have we learned our lesson, not really. That would mean we would have to plan, or something.
Our family now (one of the few family shots that we have).
I just want my husband to know that I love him very much. I love all that he does for his family and I love his honesty and integrity. He is the absolute best friend and husband a girl could have. I love you, Chad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay Beth and Chad. You guys are great together. It's been fun getting to know you both better these past few years. Here's to many more for you.
Love, Peggy

Beth said...

Thanks, you're awesome, also, Peggy.

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary!! Look how young you look?!:)

Pam Emerson said...

OK, that's really weird, I left a comment like last week on this post, and I guess it didn't go through. Sorry about that. I think what I said was "Happy Anniversary, I'm glad I got to talk to you on your day. Your pictures take us on a trip down memory lane. I can't believe how young you were when you got married. You seemed so...well not OLD, but you know, old. :) I love you, Beth. I'm glad you're my sister, and that you brought Chad into our family."

Or something like that. :) YOur boys are adorable, by the way.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Beth, I can't believe how fast these years have gone by, and how much that has changed for all of us. Keep up all your good work. Happy Aniversary!! (A little late!) I hope that I can get this comment posted. Love, Mom