Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update, smupdate

Or something like that. I keep looking at my last post and the date keeps sending a glaring reminder that I haven't posted for almost a month. Not much to tell. I've been busy with trying to keep up with two, that's right, two health clubs. Please disregard the fact that the rules are practically the same and I get to double dip, but that is beside the point.

We did have one exciting blip that occurred. Benjamin has been having bouts of breathing problems where he would get labored breathing and become very lethargic every couple of weeks or so. We decided to call his doctor and just see if there was anything we should be worried about. Of course, there is a family history of pulmonary problems in the Pope family, so that is probably what is happening. Anyway, the doctor saw him, wants me to keep an eye on him and if he has another episode to bring him right in so he can listen to him. And he wanted to draw some blood. I have to tell you. My little boy was so brave. We went up to the hospital to have it done because there are pediatric nurses right there. We had been explaining to him what would happen, because Ben is pretty smart. There was another man there getting his blood drawn at the same time, and when he realized it was Ben's first time, he offered to have Ben watch. That proved to be just the thing. Ben knew exactly what to expect. He sat on Chad's lap, and there was only one other tech holding his arm still, but I don't think he needed any help. He only said "Ow, ow" when the needle first went in. After that he was such a big boy, not even one tear came out of his eye. And he got a cool purple bandage afterwards, so that made it all cool. The results came back and everything looks good, so we just wait until the end of February to see the doctor again. I am so proud of him.

So that is it. Other than enjoying a very dry January where even our grass was turning green, that is until this last weekend. Now there is snow all over the place, and it is cold. Oh well, this is definitely life in Idaho.

4 comments:

Kate said...

i like the update, even if it is a smupdate!just kidding.
i can't believe benjamin! holy cow. what a big boy. he is WAY more brave than me! i had to have my iron tested, and that was just a little finger prick (that I complained about for almost a week!)
you better be doing double time with the health clubs! no double dipping! :)

Beth said...

So, do you really want me to do four hours of exercise and only get to count it as two for each? No fair. I am definitely double dipping!!!

Kate said...

actually, i was wondering...
since breastfeeding burns calories...can i count every time i breast feed as exercising? :)

Beth said...

I think I would just call that a bonus for breastfeeding. It's like when you do a lot of sculpting and it burns the calories for you way after you are done exercising. And you'll see it on the scale way before the rest of us will!!!