What?? Isn't this a little late? Well, haven't you heard the saying, "Better late than never"? I'm going to invoke the right to use that phrase and do a posting of what we did on Sunday.
Actually nothing really exciting happened. We just went to church, then came home and rested up because 9 am church is hard to do after a year of 1 pm church. We made up a couple of trays of finger food aka veggies, mainly for me so I wouldn't be snacking on the chips and salsa, which I still did, so I guess that didn't help at all. Then we waited for my friend Nic to come over and have dinner. We actually grilled some turkey tenderloin filets. That's right, on the grill, outside, in February. They were yummo. Then, while Chad watched the game, Nic, the boys and I got down to business. I had found a recipe in a cooking magazine for chocolate covered cherries and wanted to try it. The recipe was really easy, the only hard part: being around melted chocolate. I did indulge, just a little. They turned out pretty good. Here's some pictures to prove it.
Then, because I don't want to have these tasty little treats in my home, I decided to share the wealth with the ladies that I visit teach (and my companion and the ladies who come visit me). So, I did a little bit of shopping at Walmart, and came up with these cute little baskets. Sometimes I do amaze even myself with how crafty I can be!!!
6 comments:
yum yum yum! and very cute gift wrapping. you don't ever give yourself enough credit..you can be really crafty!
how fun. it looks like the boys had a blast, too! :)
Oh, My, Goodness. That chocolate looks so yummy! I'm kinda glad you live on the opposite side of the country or else I would be so tempted to come over there and have a taste! I bet they were so good, huh!
Pam
Well, I've only had a little taste, and they were pretty good, but we're working on making actual chocolate covered cherries where the filling becomes liquid. That will be a feat, and I wish we had done this earlier, because dad was always asking for them. Oh well.
And that is why you are the BEST VT partner EVER! :) Oh, and I forgot E is on a cruise so we probably won't be able to see her this week. I can't remember when she is coming home. Do you?
hey, i actually have a chocolate covered cherry recipe where the filling turns liquid. want it? :)
of course, get it to me, I would love to try it out.
Post a Comment